1966 Bernat Yarns
click on picture for instructions:
I haven’ t made this one, so can’t offer comments. I found it in a stack of old knitting mags my mother-in-law gave me ages ago. But it lends itself to your choice of sport or worsted weight yarn. Click on image for instructions and photo.
Sport weight yarn:
- 1 pair each size 3 and 5 (US) straight needles.
- gauge: 6 sts = 1 inch; 8 rows = i inch on size 5 needles in stockinette.
- Yarn requirements: sizes 10-12-14-16-18
# of 4 0z skeins 4- 5 -5 -6 -6
Worsted weight yarn:
- 1 pair each size 5 and 8 (US) straight needles.
- gauge: 5 sts = 1 inch; 7 rows = 1 inch on size 8 needles in stockinette.
- yarn requirements: sizes 10-12-14-16-18
# 4 0z skeins 4- 5 -5- 5- 5
All directions written with the figures in the first set of parentheses for sports weight and in the 2nd set for worsted weight. When only 1 set of figures is given, it applies to both weights.